We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for top-notch software engineers to help our autonomous cars understand the world around them. The ideal candidate would have a deep background bridging the gap between hardware and software and creating data processing algorithms in a highly collaborative environment to help us develop next-generation sensor hardware and signal processing systems.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop prototype device drivers in C and C++ (sensors, network)
- Design and implement novel data processing algorithms, to run on CPU/GPU/FPGA/DSP
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, such as embedded systems and perception, to create hardware/software/OS modules that extend the functionality of the AV core system
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible.
- Desire to be a complete team player by independently performing ad hoc duties, as they arise, outside of main role in order to complete projects.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable software
- Excellent C/C++ coding abilities, with strong system fundamentals
- Experience implementing algorithms on DSP or FPGA hardware
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Linux and network architecture
- Experience with bare-metal and/or RTOS programming
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.