We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Recruiting team is passionate about attracting the best talent on the planet. To that end, Cruise is looking for an extraordinary, multi-faceted Recruiting Leader to lead our critical Infrastructure Recruiting team. S/he can be based in either Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA responsible for building our new Infrastructure Engineering office in Seattle as well as continuing to scale our Infra teams in SF. We are looking for an authentic and data-driven leader who will create and execute a forward-looking hiring plan that enables our company’s strategy and creates a competitive advantage to our key market competitors. S/he will lock arms with our Engineering Leadership team and other critical stakeholders and be seen as a trusted adviser across the company.
- The ideal candidate will bring a robust deep business acumen for how technical talent delivers and grows business outcomes and quickly interpret Cruise's strategic direction, challenges, and opportunities into a full-scale technical recruiting strategy.
- This person must be a builder at heart, deeply passionate about technology, who can not only operate at the strategic level but also be hands-on in managing and guiding the team.
- Lead and manage a growing, best-in-class recruiting team and deliver top tech talent in a hyper-growth environment.
- Partner with the leadership team to build a recruitment strategy that complements our tech business, providing industry insight and competitive intelligence.
- Partner with our Data Analytics team to design and develop recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics to the business, while using metrics to drive operational excellence across the team.
- Stay abreast of new trends in the industry and marketplace and maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues related analytics and compliance relative to our recruiting efforts.
- Oversee recruiting strategy and execution for Cruise's critical Infrastructure team.
- Innovate hiring methodologies by identifying unique and non-traditional sources to find top talent.
Experience & Skills
- 15+ years of overall recruiting leadership experience - the majority of which, should be focused on technical recruiting - in a fast-growth technology company
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full-cycle and custom recruiting process and coach and lead a team to execute this plan seamlessly
- Consistent track record in driving efficiencies in the use of technologies, process, and workflow
- Proven success partnering with executives and leaders cross-functionally
- Proven comfort level and success in managing remote teams effectively
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence at the senior most levels
- Proven excellence in relationship building, consulting, negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative approach
- Detail-oriented project management skills with the ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment that moves with a constant sense of urgency
- A leader who operates with focus, efficiency and heart
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.