We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an Engineering Technician to help bring-up and test our next generation vehicles and sensors as well as contribute positively to our testing culture by developing sustainable and scalable test processes and methods. In this position, you will work on a multidisciplinary team and work directly with various stakeholders in order to gather test requirements to complete robust and thorough testing on fast-paced timelines. You will need an aptitude to learn what your immediate responsibilities are as well as how they tie into broader team and company goals.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: vehicle troubleshooting, component and sensor testing, component removal/installation, retrofits, root cause analysis, fabrication and modification, and assembly of electro-mechanical systems
- Produce and develop detailed documentation for all test and maintenance procedures and team processes.
- Perform component and system level sensor testing and validation on our next generation sensor suite
- Evaluate, manage, and run version controlled test software
- Design, assemble, and execute tests to support cross-functional team objectives
- Gather project requirements from team stakeholders and deliver robust test results and failure analyses
- Deliver and support off-site testing as needed
- Observe all safety standards and maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, aerospace, or similar industry/industries.
- Ability to proficiently read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and network diagrams to understand how they apply to a physical setup
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems using Git and terminal based computer commands.
- Experience working in a machine shop and/or experience using machine shop tools and equipment
- Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- Current driver's license with a good standing driver record
- Experience and/or knowledge with the following software: GitHub, MATLAB, Python, C++, ROS, JIRA, and/or Confluence
- Skilled in CAD and prototype part design (SolidWorks or similar)
- Knowledge of or experience with performing sensor calibration
- Experience working with optical equipment, tools, and fixtures
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle or advanced driver-assistance systems that utilize any of the following sensor types: lidar, radar, cameras, or ultrasonics
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.