We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Fleet Support Engineering Manager will lead an engineering team to support the autonomous vehicle fleet. The team will troubleshoot issues, conduct in-depth root cause investigations into vehicle-specific or fleet-wide issues, and work with GM and Cruise engineers to develop long-term permanent solutions to these issues.
- Lead a team of hardware engineers to troubleshoot vehicle-specific and fleet-wide issues on the autonomous fleet
- Conduct root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system
- Develop processes and training for Vehicle Technicians to take on lower-level troubleshooting and maintenance, continually elevating Engineers to tackle the most complex and unique issues
- Work with GM and Cruise engineers to drive continuous improvement into the design, operation, and maintenance of the autonomous vehicle based on field findings
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues and implement automation where possible
- Work with GM and suppliers to drive issues to closure and to improve processes to prevent reoccurrence
- Improve, standardize, and scale on-call support for all Cruise global locations
- Work with the GM and Global Markets team to drive consistent processes for supporting the fleet to all Cruise locations
- Balance operational needs with engineering requirements to maintain impeccable safety record and high uptime
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering
- Experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system.
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas
- Able to analyze large data sets
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs, and data security
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.