We’re Cruise, the self-driving car company.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Communications Organization:
The Communications team crafts content to earn public trust and attract and engage top talent. Comprised of internal and external communications experts, our team builds the narrative, channels, and platforms that enable Cruise to communicate both across the organization and with external audiences. We partner with various organizations and leaders within and outside of Cruise to amplify voices, inform stakeholders and community members, and uphold a culture of transparency and trust through communication.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications program with specific strategies and action plans designed to increase overall employee engagement.
- Work with the full communications team to ensure our company strategy and narrative is understood across the company.
- Produce ongoing employee communications in print and/or electronic formats as appropriate.
- Draft messages or talking points from the CEO, CPO and CCO for internal messaging in a variety of formats.
- Work with CPO and CCO on communications measurements to gauge effectiveness and interest level of internal audiences.
- Create innovative ways to effectively communicate information within the company and motivate employees.
- Partner with teams leading crisis preparedness activities to develop communications strategies to employees.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with Cruise branding guidelines in all communications materials.
- Serve as an internal communication advisor and lead a small team of growing professionals to eventually build into a Corporate Communications team.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 12+ yrs experience in communications.
- 5+ yrs experience in internal communications.
- Heavy preference given to experience managing internal communication -- or building out internal communications teams -- for a fast-growing organization.
- Prior experience hiring, managing and leading teams.
- Experience in writing on deadline for a variety of different audiences, editorial work including the planning, development and distribution of communications materials in multiple formats.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.