We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
The Director of Internal Communications will be a trusted partner across multiple functions and provide a full range of executive and internal communications leadership. They will deliver against a long-term communications strategy, which includes ensuring that information highlighting Cruise’s mission and core behaviors is delivered with appropriate timing and messaging. This individual must have exceptional written communication skills, an ability to quickly digest complex engineering topics, experience successfully engaging with executive teams, and a proven ability to deliver clear, succinct and accurate written content.The Director must be skilled in taking executive messaging, in various forms such as speeches and business plans, and turning it into powerful employee communications that resonate and inform. They will also have the opportunity to develop a team of employees to implement Cruise’s internal communications strategy.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Lead the refinement, execution and measurement of the internal communications strategy.
- Work with the full communications team to ensure our company strategy and narrative is understood across the company.
- Develop and deliver innovative and effective communication programs to drive employee engagement.
- Bring rigor, process and strategy to the internal communications function; socialize scope, engagement model and communications function with business partners throughout the organization.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior executives and business partners across the company to ensure communications objectives are met.
- Hire, coach and mentor team members and serve as an internal communication advisor to other members of the Corporate Communications team.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience, preferably leading internal communications for an organization with the majority of the employees work in engineering, IT or other technical roles.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, human resources management, marketing or related field required.
- Possess a detail- and process- oriented with a big-picture, strategic mind.
- Have a “dive right in” attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience building out internal communications in a medium-sized, high growth organization.
- Have managed or mentored others before and empowered your team’s success.
- Demonstrate aptitude to understand complex topics from multiple angles, and translate those concepts into understandable and creative narratives.
- Are nimble, flexible writer skilled at both starting from a blank piece of paper and refining existing content.
- Have experience with and understanding of current communication technology platforms for email distribution, web publishing, photo editing, etc.
- Possess excellent judgment, discretion and interpersonal skills; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and drive collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- Excel at editing and proofreading, including one’s own work.
- Can work effectively with senior executives, as well as multiple stakeholders across a global company; and create executive-ready content.
- Are creative and resourceful at finding the right stakeholders and building a strong network to facilitate cross-group collaboration.
- Possess the organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and deliverables across many teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate a sincere desire for feedback and constructive criticism.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.