We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The San Francisco Markets team is looking for a Production Engineering Manager to ensure vehicles are brought up (calibrated and configured) on schedule and at a high level of quality. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operation, to make our fleet successful.
- Lead a small team of engineers and technicians responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining vehicle bring up processes
- Own and manage day-to-day operations of vehicle bring up
- Prioritize workflows and projects
- Effectively communicate progress and escalate issues to senior management
- Design and develop systems to ensure an efficient and effective workflow
- Implement change control to minimize disruptions to the workflow
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; automate where possible
- Work with GM and Cruise engineers to drive continuous improvement into the design, operation, and maintenance of the autonomous vehicle based on bring-up findings
- Serve as technical guide for engineers conducting root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system
- Collaborate with ops team to develop efficient bring-up workflows including time studies, line balancing, and optimization of floor layouts and calibration stations
- Be liaison between bring-up team and external engineering teams to escalate and resolve issues
- BS or MS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical, or similar Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Experience leading a team in a cross-functional system environment
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs, and data security
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.