We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The San Francisco Markets team is looking for a Vehicle Process Engineer to help bring up (calibrate and configure) and troubleshoot issues on autonomous vehicles. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operation, to make our fleet successful.
- Assist in developing, improving, and maintaining vehicle bring up processes
- Develop processes and training for vehicle technicians to take on lower-level troubleshooting and repairs
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with bring up processes and tools
- Proactively look for and drive improvements to process and design to support safety, maintainability, and scalability both at Cruise and at GM’s factory
- Work with other engineers to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; automate where possible
- Conduct root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system, and escalate as needed
- Work with GM and Cruise engineers to implement new technology related to the design, bring up, and operation of the autonomous vehicle
- Collaborate with ops team to develop efficient bring-up workflows including time studies, line balancing, and continuous improvement of floor layouts and calibration stations
- Some travel may be required (<5%)
- BS or MS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical, or similar Engineering
- One to three years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs, and data security
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Effective communicator and excellent attention to detail
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas
- Experience with low volume manufacturing or start-up manufacturing highly preferred
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.