Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride sharing service in San Francisco in late 2019.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the fall of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role:
The Cruise Video Content Manager will be part of the core Cruise Go To Market team. This leader will develop a video content strategy that guides our development of video based assets for the brand. The leader will map key audiences, known purchase barriers and make recommendations on which barriers are enduring (ie people will always want to know why they should believe that a self driving car is safe) and best solved through video communication. With a clearly defined strategy and roadmap, the leader will create a production plan to get video assets built according to an aligned budget and schedule. The leader will make a recommendation on whether we should build assets in house (ie video production studio) or through a partner (contracted video production house or a roster agency relationship). The Video Content manager will work with our social strategist to place and distribute our video assets across the right platforms (YouTube, website, blog, LinkedIn, Snap, Twitter etc). The manager will work in partnership with our analytics and optimization team to determine the reach and effectiveness of our video communication and it’s impact on our key user and brand health metrics.
The Cruise Brand is expected to grow to become a leading consumer brand globally over the next decade. We expect rapid growth and development of the brand for years to come. We intend to build a team of passionate brand builders who want to learn, grow, and develop their marketing careers in what we hope will become the bell weather for marketing and advertising in Silicon Valley. Our goal is to enable our team to grow into larger roles and gain broader exposure to a variety of marketing disciplines which prepares our team members to become the marketing leaders of the next decade.
This role reports to the Cruise Go To Market Team Leader and is part of the Cruise Marketing Organization which is led by our Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop and gain alignment to a video content strategy.
- Develop and align a budget, schedule, and key objectives for our video program.
- Screen and work with video production partners to get video assets built that are consistent with our brand tone and voice.
- Project manage budgets, timelines, production schedules, shoots, and edits.
- Work with social strategy team to place and distribute video assets according to our editorial schedule.
- Analyze, interpret, and make strategic recommendations to Team Leader on how to improve the reach and efficacy of our video assets.
- Scope includes consumer facing content, employee content, recruiting content, investor content, and partner content all in video form.
- Video production and development.
- Marketing and brand building experience with consumer facing brands.
- Deep understanding of digital landscape.
- Strong project management, budget management, and operational skills.
- Ability to write clear creative briefs for video creation partners (agencies, production shops, influencers).
- Experience developing content strategies and developing video assets for brands that have strategic intent. If you are not deeply versed in building and executing a content strategy for a brand then this is not the right role for you.
- Great leadership capability and potential.
- A deep passion for the power of storytelling in sight sound and motion.
- Agility and ability to work in fast moving Silicon Valley technology company.
- Ability to live and work in San Francisco
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.