We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to analyze vehicle performance data and map databases that impact map requirements for self-driving cars, and influence test and validation activities. This position is a part of the Systems Engineering Team within the Autonomous Vehicle Integrity unit at Cruise. In this position, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of spatial transportation data and AV software technology, interface with engineering on implementation details and have a hand in nearly every component of validating High Definition maps for a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in using data to influence future programs and decisions for Cruise autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform analysis of AV data to characterize vehicle systems performance and influence systems engineering requirements development.
- Conduct end to end analysis including data gathering requirements specifications, non-routine problem analysis, presentations etc.
- Develop and implement test and validation plans
- Develop methods to analyze and compare impacts of map changes on AV software performance and influence acceptance criteria and metrics
- Translating data and analysis into actionable recommendations
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define outcome metrics and success criteria
- Measure and report product performance through metrics and dashboard development
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Transportation Engineering, Geospatial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or another related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related disciplines
- You have experience working with large datasets, SQL and Python or C++
- You enjoy working with data visualization tools
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- You have a strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Analytical experience with spatial data or map databases
- Experience with GIS tools
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.