We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Technical Operations is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of our autonomous vehicle fleet while maintaining high availability and reducing operating expenditures (opex). We’re looking for an experienced engineer to support the development of requirements for a purpose-built autonomous vehicle.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop requirements for an autonomous vehicle fleet
- Build operational models that inform engineering decisions and tradeoffs
- Identify levers to reduce operating expense of autonomous vehicles
- Develop project roadmaps and schedules that align with internal customer needs and major program milestones
- Maintain a strong relationship across all relevant vehicle development stakeholders
- Manage and drive the vehicle development initiatives critical to fleet operations
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on progress, schedules, and needs
- BS, MS, or PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automotive engineering, or related field
- 5+ years in engineering roles related to product or vehicle development
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly about complex technical systems
- Ability to influence without authority and drive consensus
- Ability to adapt, operate, and act decisively in an ambiguous environment
- Experience with vehicle development at automotive OEMs or tier 1 suppliers
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.