We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the team:
Product team owns Cruise Anywhere, our autonomous ridesharing service (currently open to Cruise employees). They are responsible for dispatch, fleet management tools, mobile apps, in-car displays. When they're not nerding out on computer-human-interaction, visualizations for situational awareness, or the dimensions of passenger comfort, they are talking with their users to iteratively improve the end-to-end ridesharing experience.
Day-to-day responsibilities include::
- Implement full-stack solutions to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles through our command & control center
- Develop robust APIs for client applications and vehicle communications
- Build internal tools to manage our unique development, deployment, and testing workflows
You may be a good fit if you have::
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Python, Go, Node.js, or similar languages
- Experience building modern frontends using React, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Experience working with relational databases
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience writing modern C++ applications
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.