We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The data infrastructure team is responsible for building the infrastructure to ingest and process the petabytes of AV data coming from the car, simulated tests, or realtime services, warehouse this data, and provide tooling and services for users throughout the company to gain insights from Cruise’s data and accelerate development.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and implement backend systems to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Work closely with vehicle engineering to enable real time vehicle communication and feedback
- Build highly scalable data pipelines to handle ingestion and processing of vehicle data
- Design, build, and improve data stores for our fleet of self-driving cars
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years working with big data
- Experience programming with Go, Python, C++, or similar.
- Experience building scalable data pipelines
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.