We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Direct oversight of engineers building scalable backend systems and data pipelines to support machine learning applications across company
- Coach and support Individual Contributor reports, and resolve conflicts both within your team, and between teams
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth into Engineering Management or Technical Leadership roles
- Help define, build, and embody Cruise engineering culture and principles
- Invest heavily in recruiting by working closely with recruiters, screening candidates, and identifying opportunities for external engagement to improve the Cruise engineering brand
- Act as a sounding board and technical architect for your teams, help define technical vision and strategy, and ensure the technical direction of your teams aligns with other teams across the company
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience managing projects across multiple teams
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching Senior/Staff Engineers
- Experience building and architecting large-scale, production quality backend systems, especially in applied machine learning or data pipeline/warehousing
- Self motivated and passionate to lead your teams, encourage best practices, and constantly improve
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, or equivalent real-world experience
- 8+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years as Tech Lead or Manager
- Leadership experience in defining long-term team vision/roadmap for unknown or rapidly changing scope.
- Technical experience in
- Parallel training, active learning, model deployment, etc.
- Scalable data processing and warehousing systems, such as: Spark, BigQuery/Bigtable, Dataflow (Google Cloud), etc.
- Popular deep learning frameworks, such as: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Modern deployment technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.