Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride sharing service in San Francisco in late 2019.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the fall of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role:
The Cruise Brand Actions & Events Manager will be part of the core Cruise Go To Market team. This leader will design, develop and execute Brand Actions and Events which are consistent with our brand’s purpose, mission, and equity. These actions and events will be designed to establish ownership of key brand equity pillars (ie our commitment to safety or accessibility for all residents of a city) and or key consumer purchase barriers (ie what does a ride feel like? or how does the car keep me safe?). Done well, we will create brand actions and events which earn us massive love from the residents and regulators in the communities in which we do business. This will in turn translate into brand trial, habit formation and ultimately business value.
The Cruise Brand is expected to grow to become a leading consumer brand globally over the next decade. We expect rapid growth and development of the brand for years to come. We intend to build a team of passionate brand builders who want to learn, grow, and develop their marketing careers in what we hope will become the bell weather for marketing and advertising in Silicon Valley. Our goal is to enable our team to grow into larger roles and gain broader exposure to a variety of marketing disciplines which prepares our team members to become the marketing leaders of the next decade.
This role reports to the Cruise Go To Market Team Leader and is part of the Cruise Marketing Organization which is led by our Chief Marketing Officer.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and develop the brand actions and events which reinforce our values and beliefs in the minds of our stakeholders. As a brand we believe actions come before words and we will be a much more authentic and genuine brand if we spend more time “doing” and less time “talking” as a brand.
- Gain alignment to the budgets required to execute our actions and events in market. This needs to be done in the context of our overall marketing mix.
- Source, qualify, and lead the agencies, vendors, and partners required to execute our actions in market.
- Define and gain alignment to quantifiable success criteria for our efforts. Lead the analysis, learning and adjustment to our plans based on in market feedback and business results.
- Ensure we project manage and deliver our efforts on time, with excellence, and safely for all our stakeholders.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- History of leading brand events and brand experiences at scale.
- Ability to demonstrate leading edge thinking in building purpose driven brands through action.
- Great project management and budget management capability.
- Proven ability to measure ROI and prove the financial efficacy of brand actions and events.
- Proven ability to learn, optimize, and scale proven and successful brand experience programs.
- Ability to translate brand strategy into persuasive execution.
- Ability to develop breakthrough creative concepts that turn heads.
- Great leader of agencies, partners, and vendors.
- Agility and ability to work in fast moving Silicon Valley technology company.
- Ability to live and work in San Francisco
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page