Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride sharing service in San Francisco in late 2019.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the fall of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role:
The Marketing Director for Cruise Go To Market will design and manage our marketing mix to ensure we deliver our key business results and brand health metrics. The Marketing Director will lead a full team of marketing professionals who will help us manage key elements of our marketing mix in partnership with our key agency partners. The Marketing Director will be directly responsible for driving:
- Rapid Growth in Cruise Brand Awareness and Interest
- Cruise Brand App Downloads
- Cruise Initial Ridership Trial (User Growth)
- Cruise Repeat Usage (Loyalty)
- Revenue Growth
- Brand Affinity (Likelihood to Recommend, NPS etc)
- Marketing Effectiveness per Dollar Invested
In the first year, this role will be deeply focused on our San Francisco market launch which is slated to happen in the fall of 2019. The Marketing Director will need to build a marketing strategy and system to drive user growth that works in San Francisco but that can be reapplied in other markets. As we look to 2020 and beyond, we will have a rolling wave of new market launches. Depending on the leadership capability and capacity of the candidate, there will be an opportunity to lead and manage the local marketing teams in each of the cities in which we launch. As we scale cities and as our organization grows in size, there will be opportunity for this role to elevate from a Director level to a Vice President level.
This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Gain alignment to financial investment levels and key return on investment launch metrics.
- Work in partnership with finance to establish our initial launch forecasts and key quarterly goals for year 1.
- Hire, develop, and coach team of marketers (6-10) to deliver our in market execution.
- Design the Cruise Brand Marketing Strategy for Launch into San Francisco Market in Fall 2019.
- Develop clear insights on how to reach and persuade our early prime prospects to try Cruise.
- Ensure our launch communication is persuasive, distinct, relevant to drive brand trial.
- Manage our marketing mix in market to deliver key user growth metrics by quarter.
- Work closely with and lead our agency partners to deliver our in market execution.
- Work in partnership with our Analytics & Optimization team to drive continual organizational learning that enables the marketing team to adapt and improve the efficacy of our marketing efforts on a daily basis.
- Help codify our marketing playbook and approach so that we launch more efficiently and effectively in subsequent markets.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10 - 20 years of deep marketing experience with a heavy focus on consumer facing brands.
- Proven track record of exceptional success and rapid learning and growth in past experiences.
- Passion and a history that shows depth in building consumer facing, digital first, modern brands.
- Ability to design marketing strategies that clearly define where to play and how to win choices.
- Proven ability to driver brand and user growth. Ability to rapidly scale new brands is a plus.
- Full understanding of how to drive growth through a conversion funnel. Should be well versed in driving app downloads, user trial, user repeat at LTV:CAC ratios that work for a given business model.
- Depth in all digital marketing touchpoints (search, social, display, app, mobile, web, payments & commerce)
- Depth in qualifying communication and messaging across display, social, video, TV, outdoor, print, radio.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen at a level that is equal to our finance and strategy team members.
- Ability to lead cross functionally & inspire a technical Silicon Valley organization with brand inspired thinking.
- Signals in past experiences that indicate you are a world class leader that people want to follow.
- Proven ability to work with world class agencies as a valued and inspiring partner.
- Curiosity, Learning Agility, Empathy, Strategic Thinking, Vision, and an ability to Communicate are key traits.
- Ability to live and work in San Francisco
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page