We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our driverless cars rely on high-quality, complex Maps built and maintained in-house to navigate safely and efficiently on complex city roads. Even within the world of autonomous vehicles, the Map Operations team is rapidly expanding, and we are pioneering how technical operations can scale to meet product and business needs.
As a Project Manager on our team, you will own the ongoing production of a category of Map features, drive operational excellence and scale, and ultimately help enhance the performance and market reach of our AVs. You will become an expert on how those Map features are built and how they impact other areas of the AV technology stack.
- Gather and negotiate project requirements from multiple teams.
- Balance multiple requests and prioritize them based on company impact and team capacity.
- Establish acceptance criteria and strive to achieve them with meticulous planning.
- Understand the specific complexities, challenges, and priorities in each expansion area and plan to successfully meet customer requests in a timely manner.
- Manage planning and sequencing of labeling new Map areas and and communicate daily/weekly progress
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in STEM field
- 2+ years of work experience
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Experience building partnerships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable interest in and experience with autonomous vehicle technology
- Experience working with complex Mapping systems and operations
- Experience with quantitative and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with QGIS, GPS systems, and routing solutions
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page