We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:We're looking for a Senior IT Specialist to join our team! It’s a fast-paced environment in which you’d be working on cutting-edge technologies. We need people who are organized and able to think on their feet, and who can find creative solutions to interesting problems.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide L2 and L3 support for technical issues across our environment
- Effectively manage inbound support requests via helpdesk, tickets, email, and Slack
- Own and account for local IT helpdesk productivity and efficiency
- Possess deep familiarity and understanding of all current and changing aspects of our IT environment; including Mac / Linux / Windows / Chrome OS workstations, mobile devices, audio/visual equipment, printers, networking, and security
- Administration and escalated support for Okta, G Suite, Slack, and other tools
- Identify problems and engineer solutions
- Document and train team on policies & procedures
- Scope, design, and implement moderately complex solutions and projects that deliver results
- Coordinate, support, and continuously improve employee onboarding
- Consult with Cruise teams to develop efficient, sustainable, and scalable workflows
- Interpret, apply, and enforce company policies and procedures
- Mentor and train members of the IT team
- Guide team on IT best practices, team standards, and advocation for change
- Give & receive feedback across all levels
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ year(s) of modern Enterprise IT experience
- 4+ year(s) of relevant technical customer support experience
- 1+ year(s) of experience managing/leading projects
- Understanding of advanced troubleshooting of mobile and desktop operating systems (ie. MacOS, Ubuntu, Windows 10, ChromeOS, iOS, Android)
- Intermediate understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of IAM and productivity suite administration (ie. Okta, G Suite)
- Deep understanding of Jira or other ticketing systems
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (ie. Airwatch, SimpleMDM, Intune)
- Ability to work well under pressure, and self manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical or nontechnical customers
- Passionate for automation and efficiency
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Ubuntu Linux operating system
- Knowledge of scripting in Python or Bash
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.