We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:We're looking for a Senior IT Specialist to join our team! It’s a fast-paced environment in which you’d be working on cutting-edge technologies. We need people who are organized and able to think on their feet, and who can find creative solutions to interesting problems.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide L2 and L3 support for technical issues across our environment
- Effectively manage inbound support requests via walkup, Slack, Zendesk and email channels
- Become deeply familiar with all aspects of our IT environment, including Mac/Linux/Windows desktops, Audio/Visual equipment, printers
- Assist with setup and sound check for company-wide meetings across multiple offices
- Perform user account management via OKTA, LDAP, Active Directory
- Administration of Okta, Google G Suite, and other tools
- Document policies & procedures to reduce overall support burden through Confluence
- Work with different teams including Security, Legal, Finance, and Engineering to develop efficient workflows and improve processes.
- Mentor and train our IT Support Specialists
- Manage several IT projects adhering to tight timelines
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a service desk role or related experience
- 1+ years leading a helpdesk team
- Deep familiarity with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Proven ability to provide hands on support and diagnose technical issues across a variety of different platforms
- Ability to work well under pressure, and self manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for the customer (whether technical or nontechnical)
- Desire to provide a fantastic level of customer service and satisfaction
- Familiarity with Okta, G Suite, Active Directory, and how they interoperate
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Ubuntu Linux operating system
- Knowledge of scripting in Python or Bash
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.