We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise Automation is experiencing phenomenal growth! Recruiting at Cruise is a collaborative partnership with our hiring managers who depend on us as strategic partners throughout the process. We are looking for an experienced technical recruiting manager to lead and mentor a top flight recruiting team to help scale our technical organizations. Join us and be a part of history in the making!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead, motivate, and mentor a team of technical recruiting managers to exceed individual and team-based hiring goals
- Apply, measure, and consistently improve metrics on monthly/quarterly individual hiring objectives
- Be accountable for overall team goals in line with industry benchmarks
- Run regular team syncs, diagnose, unblock and resolve issues, meet the teams’ needs in order to be successful
- Innovate on sourcing and recruiting strategies, recommending process adjustments, new tools and best practices
- Meet with and coach hiring managers with sourcing, referrals, offer details, closing, and help team do the same
- Seek and maintain a thorough understanding of our engineering teams’ technical requirements, acknowledging qualitative as well as quantitative hiring needs
- Be keenly aware of industry trends and competitive landscape, recommending involvement in relevant tech communities
- Ensure timely information and data integrity in our tracking systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Significant technical recruiting experience in startups or large firms competing with relevant technology industries
- 5+ years managing and/or mentoring recruiting professionals including managers, recruiters, sourcing staff, and recruiting coordinators
- Proven track record of identifying and closing difficult to attract candidates
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing
- Experience working closely with engineering leadership
- Data driven, with experience in strategic planning, diagnosing pipeline health and funnel conversion rates,
- implementing processes to measure recruiting metrics
- Exceptional at follow-through, detail orientation, resolve, and able to work well in a fast growing and changing environment
- Excellent communicator, able to apply tact and diplomacy in all situations
- Solid presentation skills, able to leverage data to influence decision making
- Proficient with recruiting tools, systems, ATS (Greenhouse)
- Genuinely passionate and curious about technology as well as the self driving car industry
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.