We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
As Director of Talent Development, you’ll build a world-class L&D team and set of programs that ensure Cruise has the skills it needs to succeed. Reporting to the CHRO, you will drive the effectiveness of our programs in developing our talent.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Build the strategy for, and drive, organizational change related to talent
- Build a world class L&D team and suite of programs to help Cruise achieve its mission, with an immediate emphasis on expanding our technical training, and building capability in senior leaders and junior managers through hyper-growth
- Develop and implement programming to support rapid and sustained Cruiser development such as feedback classes, mentorship, coaching, training, etc.
- Develop and deliver programs that help drive our OKRs and our culture, mission and behaviors
- Use data such as participation, attendance, ROI, Culture Surveys, department and team needs to build and evaluate the effectiveness of L&D programs
- Employ a variety of tools and learning types such as videos, peer-to-peer learning, behavioral nudges, etc. to ensure that all employees can learn the skills they need wherever they are
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts with vendors as needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in Organizational Development & Design, Learning & Development, Talent Management, Change Management, Executive Coaching and/or Employee Engagement
- Experience creating L&D programming for a high growth tech company
- Experience anticipating, developing and implementing department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals and taking the initiative to drive solutions in effective ways
- Ability to understand all parts of the organization and their interdependencies and influence others to make decisions related to our L&D programs
- Client-service mindset
- Ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development, strongly preferred
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.