We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a seasoned Systems Engineering Manager to build and lead a team that will define requirements, lead sensor integration and validation activities while helping to implement continuous improvement for our autonomous vehicle sensor suite.
In this position, you will work to build strategy in team development and growth. You will work closely with systems engineering, hardware, our OEM partners, and our executive team. Our ideal candidate will have experience leading and mentoring senior engineers as well as managers.
If you're interested in building a world-class Sensor Systems team, apply today!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Create, manage and trace testable requirements
- Build strategy in team development and growth
- Maintain a strong relationship with our Hardware Team
- Develop validation plans and manage execution
- Integrate with Cruise Engineering and Perception Systems Engineering to define sensor needs
- Work with engineers, technical program managers, and data services to define outcome metrics and develop prognostics
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Automotive Engineering, Systems Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- 6+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- Previous experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with sensor hardware in a design, integration and testing, such as optical imaging systems, lidars, radars, or similar
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system requirements for sensor evaluation and characterization
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Expertise in ADAS development at OEM or Tier-1 supplier
- Expertise in robotics, or autonomous vehicles
- Expertise in automotive ECU, hardware components, embedded software, or automotive communication protocols (i.e. CAN, automotive Ethernet)
- Skilled in cross-functional team communication; scrum and agile techniques
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.