We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
- Designs, develops and manages activities for specific technical products or services from product definition and planning through production, release, and expansion.
- Defines the customer requirements and product strategy, and works with engineering teams to specify the technical details of the product design.
- Contributes cross-functional technical and business expertise and drives program requirements. Technical Product Managers are responsible for developing strategy, defining product requirements, coordinating project resources, and for driving release activities.
- Is responsible for the timely and successful delivery of the systems supporting technical products. Assesses the right balance of risk to allocate right resources, anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, anticipates and makes trade-offs, balances the business needs versus technical constraints and encourages risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Translate that vision into a strategy, an executable roadmap, and detailed product requirements incorporating all stakeholders (UX details, product integrity requirements, and operations)
- Define and track success criteria and metrics within your product area
- Represent and evangelize your product(s) internally
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Operations, and various departments at General Motors
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong grasp of engineering concepts to capture deeply technical requirements and translate them for non-technical audiences
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Experience working on large scale tooling used by human operators
- Data analysis experience with a basic understanding of relational databases
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page