We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Service Manager to help us build and lead the maintenance operations of our autonomous vehicle fleet in San Francisco. In this role, the Service Manager will be responsible for working with our Operations team to ensure a reliable supply of vehicles at all times. The Service Manager will have a deep understanding of all aspects of fleet vehicle maintenance and vehicle technician management.
In this position, you will lead a team of Vehicle Technicians and be responsible for ensuring our vehicles are available for operations when needed. Keeping the vehicles maintained and inspected at the prescribed intervals, and our vehicle technicians operate at the highest levels of safety and work quality.
- Oversee all vehicle fleet maintenance operations, including parts and consumables supply, tooling, and special equipment needs
- Dispatch repair tickets to technician team and manage parts inventory
- Hire, train, and mentor vehicle technicians
- Optimize local fleet availability to meet daily operational needs, KPIs, and future company growth targets
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements and highest safety standards are met at all times
- Maintain an efficient work and staff schedule to ensure optimum fleet availability
- Drive team operational excellence in adherence to Cruise standards and policies
- Make proactive recommendations to leadership to improve overall department performance
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to identify and optimize key improvement areas and processes to support both local and company-wide success regarding market operation performance
- Operate with a high level of autonomy in a rapidly evolving environment
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years experience in general vehicle, fleet service management, or service technician desired
- Previous Dealership Automotive Service Manager experience (Preferred)
- ASE Certification/Training Courses (Preferred)
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to both serve as a strong individual contributor and direct team activities
- Clear and precise communication, both written and verbal
- You demonstrate reliable judgement in complex situations
- You are able to link strategies to measurable results
- GM dealership or manufacturer experience
- Engineering or high tech background
- Basic understanding of Linux systems and commands
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.