We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Technical Project Manager with a focus on Quality Engineering to own and drive the development of high impact projects for the Quality Engineering team. This position focuses on project planning, scheduling, resource management, internal and cross-functional coordination and risk analysis, all of which contribute to and strengthen the quality of the on-vehicle software that guides and controls our autonomous vehicles. This is a high-visibility position in our fast-growing team.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to work closely with teams from all across Cruise, including: SW Engineering, HW, Product, Data, Simulation, Fleet Operations, and more.
If you're interested in being a part of the team which ensures the integrity of our autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Organize and lead the Agile process for teams within Quality Engineering.
- Own a backlog of tasks and drive them to completion while balancing resource allocations.
- Hold others to be accountable for their deliverables.
- Ensure end to end traceability across requirements, development tasks and test plans/cases.
- Work directly with Engineering teams to identify dependencies and ensure alignment between the content and timing of team deliverables.
- Measure and report team performance metrics: velocity, burn downs, defect counts, etc.
- Build reports/dashboards to share team status internally and to upper management.
- Identify gaps in communication and opportunities for process improvements.
- Lead all associated Agile meetings: planning, standups, reviews and retrospectives.
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize all project documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- 3+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- Acted as SCRUM Master for one to many projects concurrently
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test Case Management tools.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to track dependencies across several cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt and operate proactively under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Experience with or understanding of metrics-informed decision-making
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Strong generalist, able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Experience with large, resilient test automation frameworks
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Experience writing production-quality code
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.