We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
As a Ground Truth Labeling Technician, you’ll play an important part in bringing self-driving cars to the world. Our team works with specialized web-based tools to enhance the autonomous vehicle’s machine learning software.
About the role:
In this role, you will primarily identify, classify, and label objects detected by the AV’s sensor system, teaching the vehicle to interact with its surroundings. As a member of our team, you will participate in existing and new projects, create new processes, and contribute to a growing and dynamic team in this incredibly competitive and fast-moving market.
You should have strong attention to detail, good knowledge of how to use a computer, and a good understanding of driving laws and vehicle behavior. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. You'll be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
This position is full-time employment, Monday through Friday (40 hrs per week), with our contingent workforce partner, paying $17/hour and offering benefits, 401(k), and paid time off.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Use in-house software tools to identify and label objects in 2D + 3D images
- Navigate and comprehend complex traffic situations
- Lead small projects under supervision, as needed
- Provide feedback on new and existing software tools
- Communicate with off-site teams, including but not limited to teaching software and resolving issues
- Use and contribute to documentation and training guides
- Adapt to changes in instructions, process, and team design
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Professionalism + positive attitude
- Reliable judgement in complex situations
- Possess technical acumen, business expertise, and an ability to communicate with both engineering and operations teams
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly changing market conditions
- Flexible and adaptable to changes
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Bachelor’s degree
- Military experience
- Start-up experience
- Technology experience
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Contribute to new and exciting technology!
- Experience in a fast-moving and rapidly growing team
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.