We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Tracking team:
The Tracking team aims to determine the current state of the world around our car as accurately as possible. We need to keep track of all the different cars, bikes and pedestrians near our car in order to safely drive, and tracking is where this all happens. We consume detections from each of our different sensors (cameras, radars, lidars) and output a semantic understanding of the world. The complex urban environments we test in require us to also detect and track emergency vehicles, construction workers / equipment, many different animals, and all kinds of weird and wacky situations.
About the role:
Our engineers are a talented group of individuals who work in a highly collaborative and high pressure environment. We need experienced engineering managers who lead by example, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor, grow, and support engineering teams so each engineer can perform at the top of their engineering game.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and mentoring a team of engineers
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture
- Ensure your team delivers high quality systems that are well tested
- Set technical direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Work with Engineering Directors and Technical Project Managers to allocate team members to sprints
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years management experience with an engineering team
- Production experience as a software developer in C++
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Masters / PhD in computer science or machine learning; or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models in production.
- Experience with robotics algorithms like SLAM, kalman filters and bayesian uncertainty.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.