We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Tracking team:
The Tracking team aims to determine the current state of the world around our car as accurately as possible. We need to keep track of all the different cars, bikes and pedestrians near our car in order to safely drive, and tracking is where this all happens. We consume detections from each of our different sensors (cameras, radars, lidars) and output a semantic understanding of the world. The complex urban environments we test in require us to also detect and track emergency vehicles, construction workers / equipment, many different animals, and all kinds of weird and wacky situations.
About the role:
Our engineers are a talented group of individuals who work in a highly collaborative and high pressure environment. We need experienced engineering managers who lead by example, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor, grow, and support engineering teams so each engineer can perform at the top of their engineering game.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture
- Ensure your team delivers high output
- Set technical direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Work with Engineering Directors and Technical Project Managers to allocate team members to sprints
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer in C++
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.