We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Motion Planning Analyst to develop data-driven insights on the performance of our autonomous car’s planning systems, and use these insights to steer requirements, development activities, and influence test and validation activities.
In this position, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in using data to drive and influence future programs and decisions for Cruise autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform analysis of AV data to characterize vehicle systems performance and influence systems engineering requirements development
- Conduct end to end analysis including data gathering, requirements specifications, non-routine problem analysis, presentations etc.
- Develop and implement test and validation plans
- Build data tools and visualizations to enable better decisions
- Develop methods to analyze and compare impacts of SW changes on path / motion planning performance and influence acceptance criteria and metrics
- Translating data and analysis into actionable recommendations
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define outcome metrics and success criteria
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
- 2+ years of industry experience in data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related disciplines
- Experience working with large datasets, SQL and Python or C++
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Critical thinking skills - interpret what the data is telling us, and which analyses will reveal impactful conclusions
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with Jupyter, Spark, or other data processing tools
- Experience with robotics, autonomous planning, or model predictive control
- Experience or training in systems engineering - requirements development, test, and validation
- Experience or training in intelligent transportation systems or road safety
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.