We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a System Engineer to help us manage the requirements for Autonomous Vehicle Communication Network which will impact how the communication network is captured, analyzed for safety and tested.
In this position, you will interaction with our Embedded Systems Engineering, Security Engineering, System Engineering, Safety Engineering and Test Engineering teams.
If you're interested in working with the autonomous vehicle platform that supports the computation and the communication architecture for Autonomous Vehicle, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Drive the requirements definition, analysis, development and documentation of network systems
- Chart out the communication strategy for interfaces between key sensor and computing components
- Translate system requirements and implementation architecture into testable product requirements and design specifications (should understand connecting system level requirements to component level requirements)
- Conduct and participate in feature and system safety analysis
- Create test plans that ensures upstream traceability to network requirements
- Lead technical discussions, build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams and relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in systems engineering or similar role for network components and architecture
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS, JAMA, Rhapsody, etc.
- Knowledge of communications and computer networking (OSI model, switching, routing, etc.)
- Experience in designing system-level communication architecture
- Experience taking requirements from Engineering to production
- Ability to understand complex technical systems, specifically relating to vehicle components and network architecture
- Experience with safety analysis including (D)FMEAs, fault tree analysis and hazard analysis
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Solid presentation, writing and documentation skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or other STEM field
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication networks (Automotive Ethernet, CAN, FlexRay, MOST, LIN etc.)
- Experience with test execution on Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) benches
- Experience with system security concepts including device initiation, authentication, authorization and accounting, as well as message security using TLS, 802.1x etc.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.