We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is committed to the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road and have built an extraordinary Quality team with the resources and backing required to help achieve this. We are in search of a Hardware Systems Test Engineering Manager for Cruise’s AV Integrity team. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are tested and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
Cruise is looking for a Hardware Systems Test Engineering Manager to help us evaluate, test and challenge the integrations of multiple hardware/software components at a vehicle level.
In this position, you will define test plans, build test benches, execute test runs and collaborate with our embedded systems team, infrastructure, platform, systems engineering, test frameworks, and OEM partners to ensure deep integration with all our hardware components and have highly reliable systems.
If you're interested in helping us realize a future of truly driverless vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Managing the development and use of hardware in the loop test benches
- Principal contact for test needs for all integrated hardware testing and support
- Define and execute test plans to challenge firmware and software applications on multiple, connected hardware configurations
- Identify failures and escalate issues for resolution
- Work side by side with developers to release high-quality features with extensive regression testing.
- Own the continuous performance evaluation and career development of their Systems Engineers. Recognize and grow top performers to the next level.
- Assist with hiring the best talent for their team to raise the performance bar.
- Effectively onboard other team members (including more senior new members) via explaining the big picture, operational flow, key stakeholders, and customers of their products.
- Contribute to strategic hiring across the company, and provide accurate assessments for hiring and promotions of potential and current team members
- Creating a clear vision for your team with actionable deliverables
- Driving from MVP to production level using a plethora of internal tools and technologies
- Being an outstanding customer for Simulation and testing tool development teams
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of industry experience in implementing, managing and configuring test solutions for integrated hardware/software products including, but not limited to, drones, consumer wearables, medical devices, network devices, etc.
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Extensive experience building test plans, regression testing, and root cause analysis
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in detail oriented test plan design and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education and experience
- Experience with automotive systems like CAN networks or ECUs
- Experience building and managing HIL setups
- Experience in a regulated industry
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.