We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is actively seeking senior level engineering technicians for the San Francisco autonomous vehicle hardware team. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding team that is supporting hardware development in the autonomous vehicle field.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Complete complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: vehicle troubleshooting, component and sensor testing, component and system removal/installation/assembly, fleet retrofits, fabrication and modification
- Perform in-depth AV platform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and calibration
- Conduct PCB and wire harness diagnostics, modification, and assembly
- Produce and develop detailed documentation around team processes and for all test and maintenance procedures
- Design, build, and set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use.
- Lead projects directly supporting R&D initiatives and pre-release product validation
- Mentor and train team members on areas of direct ownership and expertise
- Perform other prototype, lab, or AV platform related duties as assigned.
- Observe all safety standards. Maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly. Actively strive to prevent accidents and injuries.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Formal education in Engineering Technology or trade school major. BS, AS, technology trade certificate, or work experience equivalent
- Understanding and working knowledge of Git and terminal based computer commands
- Skilled in CAD and prototype part/assembly design (SolidWorks or similar)
- Very strong shop, lab, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems
- Ability to thrive in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines.
- Excellent project management and cooperative development skills. Focus, attention to detail, and requires minimal guidance to complete tasks
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- Current driver's license with a good standing driving record
- Technical writing, or facility layout and planning
- Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware components, AV systems, ADAS or other sensor suite components
- Basic programming in Python or C++.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.