We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to perform analysis of vehicle performance data impacting requirements for self-driving vehicle controls, interface with engineering on implementation details and influence test and validation activities. As a Systems Engineer on the Autonomous Vehicle Integrity team at Cruise, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
Cruise is looking for a Systems Engineer - Controls Analyst to perform analysis of vehicle performance data impacting requirements for self-driving vehicle controls, interface with engineering on implementation details and influence test and validation activities.
In this position, you will you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in using data to influence future programs and decisions for Cruise autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform analysis of AV data to characterize vehicle systems performance and influence systems engineering requirements development.
- Conduct end to end analysis including data gathering requirements specifications, non-routine problem analysis, presentations etc.
- Develop and implement test and validation plans
- Develop methods to analyze and compare impacts of SW changes on vehicle controls performance and influence acceptance criteria and metrics
- Translating data and analysis into actionable recommendations
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define outcome metrics and success criteria
- Work with GM and vehicle engineering teams to identify, define, and influence vehicle actuator performance requirements
- Measure and report product performance through metrics and dashboard development
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related disciplines
- You have experience working with large datasets, SQL and Python or C++
- You enjoy working with data visualization tools
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- You have a strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with automotive chassis controls and vehicle dynamics
- Experience with ADAS development at OEM or Tier-1 supplier
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.