We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About our Product Design Team
The Product Design team at Cruise is a passionate multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists driving the future of autonomous urban mobility. Their unique challenge is to introduce emerging AV technology to people’s daily lives with the promise of saving lives, money, and time -- in zero-emissions vehicles. With the support of General Motors, the team creates a holistic end-to-end experience of our autonomous ride-sharing platform—from the tools that train the AVs to the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. They seek to continue building a team of individuals as inclusive as the future we're creating, thoughtfully crafting everything from hardware and software to 3D and sound.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a seasoned and inspiring design leader to join the Design Team at a pivotal moment for Cruise. Ideal candidates have an eye for exceptional craftsmanship, strong strategic thinking & product development experience, and leadership admired by others. You are passionate about the opportunity to define how the world will live with autonomous vehicles. You will shape the strategy, guide the design, and set the bar for quality in our products. In this position, you will work closely with our Brand Design, UX Research, Marketing, and Product Management teams. If you're interested in making an impact with us, let's chat!
- Envision the future
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define the experience of ridesharing in autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate across disciplines to plan and manage the execution of our product roadmap
- Recruit, hire and mentor and amazing team of product designers
- Help build our design culture
- Work to create a design system that expresses our brand, speeds our development, and will be loved by broad communities of people
- Lead with qualitative insights and data to ensure we make informed product decisions
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years experience working in product design
- 3+ years people leadership experience
- A history of developing product vision and strategy and helping peers translate that into product roadmaps and experiences
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (e.g. multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities)
- Skilled in both written and spoken communication with the ability to influence company decisions
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page