We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer of Vehicle Controls to define and manage requirements for self-driving vehicle controls, interface with engineering on implementation details and direct validation activities..
In this position, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in being intellectually challenged while working on technology that will change the world, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Help manage the integration of Cruise systems in GM Vehicles
- Develop and implement test and validation plans
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define outcome metrics and success criteria
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Create and organize traceable requirements from customer input to vehicle and system performance
- Routinely put together summaries of product progress
- Measure product performance
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of industry experience in automotive or ground vehicle controls, robotics, autonomous vehicle development or other related disciplines
- 5+ years of industry experience in system engineering and requirements management including system analysis, requirements authoring, test generation, and validation activities
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or another related field
- Experience with automotive chassis controls, vehicle dynamics, or ADAS development
- Experience with automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier development programs
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
- Experience with Formula SAE or other hands-on team projects
- Experience or training in systems engineering
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.