We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our engineers are a talented and energetic group of individuals who work in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment. We need experienced engineering managers who lead by example, thrive in engineering complexity, and are able to guide, mentor, grow, and support engineering teams so each member can perform at the top of their game.
This team’s charter includes directly focusing on integrating prediction with planning. Owning prediction-planning machinery and runtime performance, providing yield behavior to the prediction engine, and integrating prediction into the motion planners. Improving clearing, occlusion uncertainty, and free space sight distance algorithms for maneuvers. Works with solver team and in close collaboration with prediction team.
- Growing and developing a team of engineers
- Working with Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Leadership and Technical Project Managers to deliver complex cross functional maneuver features
- Fostering a healthy and collaborative culture
- Embodying Cruise behaviors: Stay Safe, Own It, Stay Focused, Seek Truth, Work Together, Be Humble
- Setting team direction anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Crafting technical and product strategy
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Engineering team management experience
- C++ software developer experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.