We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a General Manager to help us oversee and direct all fleet operations in San Francisco. In this position, the General Manager’s primary focus is (1) to ensure excellence and consistency in local market operations and (2) to own all local market KPIs. General Managers are the subject matter experts for their respective local market activities, with a deep understanding of local market geographies, requirements, and nuance. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years of experience in managing local or regional Operations teams, and experience with high-growth environments. This position reports into the VP of Global Markets.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Launch and operate a driverless vehicle fleet to serve rideshare and future revenue streams
- Oversee and direct all operations in the local market, ensuring activities meet deadlines, objectives, and quality/safety standards
- Hire, train, mentor, and lead the local market team to operate including, but not limited to: AV Trainers (safety drivers), Operations Managers, Fleet Operations Engineers, Vehicle Technicians, etc.
- Document and analyze existing business processes, identify challenges, and make appropriate recommendations for improvement; define future business processes
- Optimize local fleet to meet daily operational needs, KPIs, and future company growth targets
- Drive team operational excellence in adherence of Cruise standards and policies
- Make proactive recommendations to leadership to improve overall market performance
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to identify and optimize key improvement areas and processes to support both local and company-wide success regarding market operation performance
- Serve as the local market subject matter expert
- Operate with a high level of autonomy in a rapidly evolving environment
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years experience in Operations at a high-growth company
- Must have experience leading large teams and managing a vehicle fleet
- MBA or equivalent master’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience and proven ability to lead large, high-performing teams
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to both serve as a strong individual contributor and direct team activities
- Clear and precise communication, both written and verbal
- Reliable judgement in complex situations
- Able to link strategies to financial results
- Able to model financial and non-financial requirements to support your market
- Able to recruit and lead a rapidly growing team
- Possess technical acumen, business expertise, and an ability to communicate with both engineering and operations teams
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly changing market conditions
- Able to juggle numerous activities & projects simultaneously and with ease
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Previous experience in automotive and/or high-tech industry
- Previous experience managing a P&L
- Proven track record scaling offices/programs
- Engineering background
- MBA from top business school preferred
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.