We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Data Analytics Senior Manager to lead analytics. Data Analysts at Cruise are critical to our mission of delivering a self driving vehicle. Analysts interact with teams as diverse as autonomous vehicle integrity (safety), product experience, rider experience and revenue. Cruise is looking for a Data Analytics leader with a vision to deliver metrics and insights to the aforementioned teams. If you can enable cross functional teams to make decisions with data, and are interested in making the world a safer place, we want you at Cruise!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Set the technical direction for our Data Analytics team. Help the team choose the right tools and technologies to make the team more efficient.
- Help define metrics necessary for an autonomous vehicle to be the cornerstone of a ride sharing service. This is a cross organizational initiative with stakeholders from multiple organization.
- Coordinate analytics requirements across multiple teams and stakeholders, including the COO and CFO organizations.
- Oversee A/B experimentation for driving algorithms and pricing models
- Develop metrics and dashboards in partnership with data processing teams.
- Work with data scientists to evaluate and productionize data models.
- Spend time recruiting, hiring and building a team of world class analysts. Advise leadership at the Director+ level on technical strategy and team organization.
- Be an advocate for using data analytics to make decisions.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in software or Analytics or engineering roles
- 4+ years managing a Data Analytics team
- A background in statistical analysis
- Knowledge on how to design and run A/B experiments at scale
- Experience in SQL, Python, R, SAS or a similar data processing language
- Familiarity with ML modeling
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker, Tableau or Microstrategy
- Experience presenting to a wide range of audiences from other analysts to executives to business and engineering leads
- A desire to help Cruise build a best in class Data Analytics team through hiring the best
- Ability to mentor others
- Capable of manipulating large data sets in complex ways
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- Experience with metrics and analysis in fields where safety is critical
- Experience with metrics and analysis in pricing optimization
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.