Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride sharing service in San Francisco in late 2019.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the fall of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role:
The Cruise Marketing Agency Manager will help Cruise build the ideal roster of agencies which will help us build a world class brand for the future. The Marketing Agency Manager will design requests for proposals, identify the right potential agency partners, negotiate agency contracts, and manage agency performance and evaluation on a going basis.
This role reports to the Cruise Brand Partnerships Team Leader and is part of the Cruise Marketing Organization which is led by our Chief Marketing Officer.
- Build and align a vision for agency partnership and development that shows an understanding that we’re a rapidly scaling company and brand that will go through multiple phases of growth in coming years.
- Design the RFP’s and identify the right potential agency partners for us to screen as an organization.
- Lead a principled and criteria driven process for agency selection.
- Negotiate agency contracts and scopes of work.
- Manage performance evaluation of agencies and ensure we get great work on budget.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Deep understanding of marketing agency landscape across PR, Creative, Design, Media, and Digital.
- Experience leading agency management for consumer driven brands.
- Able to work in a rapidly growing company while also designing for significant global scale.
- Proven ability to attract and retain world class agency partners who build the greatest brands in the world.
- Proven ability to negotiate and create value with agency partners.
- Experience working in a purchasing or marketing operations function.
- Strong financial acumen and operating discipline.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page