Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco.We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride sharing service in San Francisco in late 2019.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization: Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the fall of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role:
The Customer Insights & Analytics Manager will develop actionable insights by leveraging quantitative methods to address critical business issues, grounded in analysis of market, product, and consumer data. Along with exceptional execution and management of projects, the Customer Insights & Analytics Manager will be a highly valued member of the Cruise Marketing team, providing critical thinking to inform brand strategy, communications, and experience decisions.
The Customer Insights & Analytics Manager will be responsible for managing the design, implementation, and analysis of various initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Customer segmentation: Do we know drivers of rider intent for different segments of customers?
- Communication validation: Do we know which messages drive user interest & intent to ride?
- Customer preference: Do we know which benefits drive customer choice and user satisfaction?
- Portfolio design: Do we understand what set of brand services maximizes our commercial potential?
- User behavior testing: Do we know which communication techniques drive best user acquisition?
- Price sensitivity: Do we understand elasticity of demand by user segment?
This role reports to the Director of Customer Strategy and is part of the Cruise Marketing Organization.
- Prioritize and gain organizational alignment around a learning agenda and testing plan for various research initiatives.
- Manage budgets and timeline tradeoffs.
- Screen, select, and manage research and measurement partners to deliver objectives.
- Deliver test design and actionable results that deliver on key learning objectives.
- Conduct analysis of internal and third-party data to identify key consumer market insights for decision-making, marketing input and evaluation, customer experience and operational level ad-hoc studies.
- Design, programming, and analysis of ad hoc surveys.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience designing and leading quantitative customer research in a consumer insight, marketing analytics, strategy, analytics, or market research related role.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in the social sciences, statistics, or mathematics a plus.
- Experience working in organizations that have developed extremely strong consumer brands.
- Experience with conjoint and key drivers analysis, advertising testing (concept testing, persuasion, recall, purchase intent), price elasticity studies, website behavioral testing.
- Ability to execute multiple complex tasks, both long-term and ad-hoc, with strong cross-department collaboration and high time-management acumen.
- Highly proficient in pulling and analyzing raw data, and developing impactful and insightful visualizations and story-lines.
- Experience working with a variety of data sources ranging from various sales metrics to consumer satisfaction and attitudinal survey data.
- Proficient in Google Sheets and Slides.
- Experience with market research methodologies and survey programming tools.
- Experience using Tableau, Power B/I, or other data visualization programs.
- Capability conducting needs assessments and achieving high satisfaction with internal customers as well as collaborating with external business partners.
- Entrepreneurial and independent, but also a collaborator and valued team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proactively communicates with team and updates managers and stakeholders throughout the process.
- Ability and desire to contribute and thrive in a low-structure, growing and fast paced environment.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page