Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride sharing service in San Francisco in late 2019.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the fall of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role:
The Customer & Market Understanding Manager will develop actionable insights by leveraging various research methods to understanding customer needs, attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs address critical business issues This role work will focus on the following areas:
- Developing empathy for customer needs and wants.
- Uncovering insights and tensions which unlock communication and brand creative.
- Validating attitudes and beliefs which should inform how we approach our users.
- Rapid prototyping and feedback loops to test agile brand communication ideas.
- Deriving insights from social, cultural, and technology trends to support various marketing activities.
Along with exceptional execution and management of projects, the Customer & Market Understanding Manager will be a highly valued member of the Cruise Marketing team, providing critical thinking to help create better communications and inform brand experience decisions.
This role reports to the Director of Customer Strategy and is part of the Cruise Marketing Organization.
- Prioritize and gain organizational alignment around a learning agenda and testing plan for various research initiatives.
- Manage budgets and timeline tradeoffs.
- Screen, select, and manage research and measurement partners to deliver objectives.
- Develop approaches that enable teams to drive the right kind of learning for the topic.
- Design, programming, and analysis of ad hoc surveys.
- Conduct analysis of internal and third-party data when needed.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience designing and leading customer research.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in the social sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology) a plus.
- Experience working in organizations that have developed extremely strong consumer brands.
- Experience bringing voice of the customer to deeply technical organizations.
- Ability to execute multiple complex tasks, both long-term and ad-hoc, with strong cross-department collaboration and high time-management acumen.
- Experience with various market research and ethnographic methodologies and tools.
- Highly proficient in developing impactful, data-driven story-lines.
- Proficient in Google Sheets and Slides.
- Capability conducting needs assessments and achieving high satisfaction with internal customers as well as collaborating with external business partners.
- Entrepreneurial and independent, but also a collaborator and valued team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proactively communicates with team and updates managers and stakeholders throughout the process.
- Ability and desire to contribute and thrive in a low-structure, growing and fast paced environment.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page