We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We're looking for an IT Engineer to join our team and help manage our linux desktops!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide technical guidance for our client platform engineering efforts: Linux
- Work with engineering teams to design and build custom Linux hardware
- Build helpdesk focused tools to improve efficiency around the most common requests/incidents
- Develop automation workflows and integrations to make our applications work better
- Subject matter expert in linux, linux monitoring, and linux configuration management
- Own corporate Ubuntu Landscape- managing patches, upgrades and improvements
- Manage large projects with multiple dependencies and production timeline implications
- Final point of escalation for IT Operations (Linux Support)
- Write and provide documentation on IT related systems and knowledge base areas
- Writing scripts in Powershell, Bash, or Python
- Assist other sysadmins and IT engineers with their projects when needed
- Own projects from beginning requirements gathering to completion
- Participate in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members.
- Work with Infrastructure, Security and other teams to drive better security practices across our applications and implement solutions to increase productivity for IT and end users.
- Proactive monitoring for business systems.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years in a hands-on technical environment providing Linux and Sys Admin support
- Extensive experience supporting a large desktop fleet of Ubuntu endpoints via Landscape
- IT systems generalist with senior level experience in configuration management, deployment, automation, applications, and security`
- Use integrations, webhooks, and API connections to securely tie systems together.
- Experience with one or more scripting/coding languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work with commercial and open source tools to extend our world-class hybrid model
- The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, handle and complete multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with a passion for thorough systems documentation.
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless user experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering
- Familiar in designing, deploying and managing Configuration Management using Ansible.
- Genuine passion for IT solutions with an unbounded desire to learn.
- For this role, you'll need to be highly collaborative and customer support focused.
- AWS Experience in a production environment or another Cloud Provider
- Terraform/Docker/Kubernetes Experience in a production environment
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience with applications integrations
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.