We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for talented Software Engineer in Ground Truth team to design and implement the computing technologies that enable Cruise’s Computer Vision & Perception teams to build their machine learning models and ultimately improve the safety of our self-driving cars.
We build web-based data annotation systems and scalable data pipelines, used by our on-site and remote labeling teams, to ingest, manipulate, and annotate multidimensional, multimodal time series data to produce ground truth for machine learning training and validation purposes. We also develop workflow management systems to measure the performance of our labeling teams, and analysis systems to track and continuously improve the quality of our datasets and the efficiency of our process.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Build web-based systems to annotate multidimensional, multimodal time series data and produce ML ground truth by leveraging both human and machine intelligence
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines to make ground truth data more accessible to ML engineers throughout the company
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where the immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
- Desire to be a complete team player by independently performing ad hoc duties, as they arise, outside of the main role in order to complete projects
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 1+ years of industry experience
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Eager to learn new technologies and computer languages
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience writing in Go, ES6, Python, or similar
- Experience working with frontend technology such as react and redux
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Working knowledge of applied machine learning and 3D geometry
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.