We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a University Recruiting leader to build and lead this critical recruiting function. Based at our HQ in San Francisco, CA, this position is a key recruiting leadership role who will partner directly with business leaders, universities and partner organizations to hire top talent at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage a small team of UR team of recruiters and coordinators
- Develop and execute an innovative campus talent acquisition strategy with a focus on engineering
- Manage talent pipelines from campus events, internship programs, and conferences
- Cultivate strong relationships with executive leadership, managers and peers on the Recruiting Leadership team throughout Cruise
- Forge & maintain relationships with our target universities, working with them not only to hire candidates, but also to create brand awareness on campus
- Build out a robust diversity talent acquisition strategy aimed at the university population
- Develop and effectively present Cruise’s University Recruiting strategy to leaders across the organization.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications: :
- 10+ years in recruiting, with a minimum of 3 years in UR management
- Minimum of 3 years people management experience
- Keen understanding of the University Recruiting life cycle and seasons
- Track record of success in establishing strong company brand awareness at key target schools
- Possess already established relationships at target engineering schools/programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, aggressively growing environment
- Ability to influence leaders and clearly articulate the value proposition of University level hires.
- Team oriented. Willingness to roll up sleeves and execute alongside direct reports as needed.
- Willingness to travel as needed
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.