We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
As a Technical Program Manager for the AV Platform team, you will help support the engineering organization in developing autonomous vehicle software. Our AV Platform team essentially builds the core engine that dispatches and runs a host of software applications onboard and offboard our cars. You will play a key role helping drive the implementation, and productization of the software at the heart of our sophisticated AV technology.
We’re currently hiring people to work with the following teams:
Frameworks team builds performance-critical frameworks, reusable libraries, and components in modern C++ foundational to the entire engineering organization. The team provides the basic message-passing and logging primitives used by the on-car software stack, manages resource budgets, establishes best-practices, and advises feature teams on how to best utilize the hardware and fit into the larger resource model.
Embedded Systems is the group that writes the first layer of software on the device. We are essentially the central nervous system of the AV stack, which mediates between application software and the device. Our systems act as “nerves” to collect sensor data, pass it higher up the stack for processing in the computing brain — Perception (sensor fusion, computer vision), Planning and Controls. After processing, commands then come back down the stack, and our systems act as “muscles” to control the device outputs.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering Managers, Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to define short term objectives and long term roadmaps
- Partner with engineering teams to define, manage and report program milestones (e.g. risk, dependencies, status, priority)
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Refine processes & tools used by your team and its cross-functional contributors
- Create and organize all project documentation
- Communicate and build relationships with team members, 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Contribute to technical discussions and decisions as it relates to program impact (e.g. timing, cost, risk)
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- Work with engineering managers and teams to improve processes and drive execution in an agile environment
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Prior experience writing production-quality code (e.g. C, C++, Python)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.