We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
We're looking for an Embedded Systems Engineering to help us take requirements from R&D and design to shipping and large-scale production.
- Drive the requirements definition, analysis, development and documentation of feature technical specifications
- Conduct feature scoping assessments, define use cases and performance measurements
- Define system interfaces between key components
- Translate system requirements and implementation architecture into testable product requirements and design specifications
- Manage traceability between security strategy and security requirements
- Analyze validation test evidence to challenge assumptions and harden requirement rationales
- Lead technical discussions, build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams and relevant internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering or similar role for embedded systems
- Experience with system architecture involving compute, networking and integration systems
- Knowledge on ALU/CPU, FPGA and GPU architecture
- Knowledge of CPU/GPU/FPGA failure modes
- Knowledge on memory architectures and failure models
- Knowledge of fault-tolerant architectures
- Experience taking requirements from R&D and design to shipping and large-scale production
- Familiarity with Requirements Management tools such as DOORS, JAMA, Rhapsody, etc.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid presentation, writing and documentation skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- MS degree or higher in Engineering or related STEM field
- Working knowledge of telematics, and distributed systems architecture using telematics as the preferred method of communication
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication network (automotive Ethernet, CAN, FlexRay, MOST, LIN), and experience in designing system-level communication architecture
- Working knowledge of data logging for distributed, safety-critical, real-time systems
- Experience with FMEAs, fault tree, and hazard analysis
- Experience with robotics or autonomous vehicles
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.