We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Prediction-Simulation team:
The Prediction-Simulation team aims to determine how other agents in the world will travel in the future. The trajectories that we generate are used by Planning to determine a safe path for the AV to follow. We need to determine how different actors will interact with one another (and the AV) in order to accurately generate a trajectory, as well as consider multiple hypotheses for how any actor could potentially behave. We also have to consider how different types of actors (cars, bikes, pedestrians, buses, and more) move throughout the world and how others respond to them.
About the role:
Our engineers are a talented group of individuals who work in a highly collaborative and high pressure environment. We need experienced engineering managers who lead by example, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor, grow, and support engineering teams. The ideal manager can absorb technical advice and feedback from the many experts within the team and determine a well reasoned roadmap that the engineers can implement.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture
- Ensure your team delivers high output
- Work with Engineering Directors, Technical Project Managers, and other Engineering Managers to allocate team members to sprints and organize cross team projects.
- Set technical direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenge
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Management experience with an engineering team
- Have mentored and grown software engineers
- Experience as a software developer in C++
- Previous experience in robotics (particularly motion planning or prediction)
- Knowledge of probability, statistics, and machine learning
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.