We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Prediction team:
Perception is the overarching team that takes raw sensor input and uses it to determine what is happening around the car. They deal with a variety of sensors, including lidars, radars, and cameras. The perception team goes all the way from raw sensor detection, to sensor fusion, to tracking and prediction of all the different objects around the car.
The Prediction team’s role is to predict the likely future of what’s happening around our vehicles. Prediction works to understand and represent the likely intent of nearby objects so that our consumers, planning, and controls, can make human-like decisions about how we should react. We use a variety of techniques ranging from geometric programming, probabilistic robotics to deep learning to understand the world around us.
About the role:
This candidate will be fully responsible for aspects of part of the Prediction team’s deliverables, including deployment and optimization of our machine learning models, designing the architecture of our software stack to be able to run as efficiently as possible, and designing systems to monitor for regressions. Our engineers' career development and productivity are crucially important. The prediction engineering manager would be responsible for developing and promoting a collaborative development environment and mentoring the team members.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
- Work with Engineering Directors and Technical Project Managers to allocate team members to sprints
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
- Ensure your team delivers high output
- Set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Help craft technical and product strategy
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer in C++
- Modern software development (GIT/JIRA)
- Familiarity working in an R&D environment
- Deploying machine learned models to production
- Experience growing a team
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.