We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Embedded Systems Team develops the first layers of software on the car, from interfacing with hardware, to moving large amounts of data up the software stack. As a Senior C++ Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing complex, highly scalable, low-latency software in C++ on Linux-based systems. Your work will be the foundational software on which the rest of Cruise builds upon.
- Develop software in C++ to interface the Cruise autonomy stack with the sensors and custom hardware on the vehicle
- Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, continuous integration, automated testing, issue tracking, and code reviews
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience writing production-quality software
- Experience with C++11 or later
- Knowledge of and experience applying software best practices
- Experience developing on and for embedded Linux / POSIX systems
- Demonstrated experience building, testing, and shipping production software
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive)
- Experience with embedded build systems, such as buildroot or yocto.
- Experience with networking
- Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware platforms
- Experience with other languages: C, Python, Bash, Go
- Experience with QNX, VxWorks, or similar.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.