We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Product Design team at Cruise is a passionate multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists driving the future of autonomous urban mobility. Their unique challenge is to introduce emerging AV technology to people’s daily lives with the promise of saving lives, money, and time. With the support of General Motors, the team creates a holistic end-to-end experience of our autonomous ride-sharing platform—from the tools that train the AVs to the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. They seek to continue building a team of individuals as inclusive as the future we're creating, thoughtfully crafting everything from hardware and software to 3D and sound.
About the team:
The UX Research team focuses on experiences that serve Cruise’s target customer as well as internal teams at Cruise. We work closely with designers and other cross-functional teams to provide insights that will lay the foundation for an AV ride-sharing experience. As a part of this team, you will have a critical role in shaping the Cruise experience and the impact it will have on the transportation and automotive industries that have shaped our way of living.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help improve a product decision or customer experience
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Lead all aspects of a research project including: Meet with stakeholders, scope projects, choose methodologies, create research plans, write discussion guides, lead interview sessions, synthesize findings into meaningful themes, and write actionable and impactful reports
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approach
You may be a good fit if you have the following qualifications:
- B.A./B.S. in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences, Anthropology, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience conducting research related to highly interactive software, web applications and web information architecture
- Track record of using foundational, formative, and evaluative research methods such as: usability studies (remote/in lab), card sorting, user task analysis, log analysis, interviews, ethnographic-style fieldwork, surveys, moderating group conversations, testing of early designs and prototypes, basic quantitative analyses, A/B testing
- Experience designing multi-method studies
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems
- Experience leading research projects that have had lasting impact on product and design decisions.
- M.A./M.S. or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Experience combining quantitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Portfolio/website/presentation displaying previous work
- Experience introducing new products to market
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page