We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Design organization
Design is a passionate group of leaders across design, research, brand, and 3D environments. We craft the experience people have with Cruise – from our self-driving vehicles, to our software, to the way people experience our brand. We’re solving the challenge of introducing self-driving technology to people’s lives with a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from generating new product innovations to crafting the pixels. You will leverage your full range of product thinking, interaction design, and visual design skills to shape the future of autonomous vehicle experiences.
- Design product and service experiences that are intuitive and exceptionally well crafted
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to make strategic decisions to our products.
- Refine your designs from concept to high fidelity prototypes.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs to pixel perfection.
- Evolve and maintain components of our design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, continually raising our bar for quality.
You may be a good fit if
- You’re committed to craft, sweat the details, and love technical challenges.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments.
- Strong product thinking and collaboration skills.
- A passion for designing the elements of a service beyond pixels.
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs, receive feedback gracefully, and contribute to the work of others.
- Experience shipping quality designs at scale. (mobile, gaming, 10-foot UI)
- Extensive knowledge of common operating systems & accessibility patterns.
- Strong visual design, motion, and prototyping skills.
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.